Fertility clinic – Body Clinic Cardiff
The Natural Health and Fertility clinic is a specialist department within the Body Clinic offering treatments specialising in all aspects of fertility and pregnancy. Acupuncture is the most vital treatment offered within the Natural Health and Fertility Clinic.
We offer the following treatments for fertility:
Acupuncture for fertility
The Natural Health and Fertility Clinic specialises in acupuncture for women’s health – fertility, pregnancy and menstrual issues. We work with women suffering from natural fertility problems and support women who are undergoing fertility treatments such as IUI, ICSE and IVF. We also work with men with semen problems such as poor morphology, motility and low sperm count.
Why is Acupuncture Good for Fertility?
Acupuncture can help both men and women whilst they are suffering from fertility problems. We work with women suffering from unexplained difficulties in getting pregnant, polycystic ovary syndrome, endometriosis, immune disorders, and recurrent miscarriage. Acupuncture can also be used to support women throughout fertility treatment such as: Clomid, IUI, ICSI and IVF.
In chinese medicine we believe that treating the person will not only aid natural fertility and support treatments but aid the patient through the daily stresses and anxieties of everyday life.
Acupuncture has been used for centuries to treat fertility problems by rebalancing the body. It looks at fertility using a holistic approach and takes into account the social, emotional and lifestyle factors as well as the physical mechanics of reproduction. A couple need to be healthy in all aspects of their lives to be able to be strong enough to bring another life into the world.
Clinical reflexology for fertility
This treatment helps to identify and restore imbalances in the endocrine (hormonal) and reproductive systems, to achieve optimum health and well-being in preparation of conception.
Fertility Reflexology is a gentle and deeply relaxing treatment where specific pressure is applied to key reflexes in order to kick-start the body’s own natural healing.
More and more women are finding that the medical profession cannot always provide the answers or solutions to their fertility problems, causing a growing need to take a more holistic approach to health and fertility.
The holistic approach looks at the whole person, not just the symptoms. Your first visit will include a detailed consultation so you treatments can be tailor-made to suit you.
You will then be asked to keep a weekly lifestyle diary, so together we can look at all possible areas that effect your fertility. Over the course of your treatment we’ll keep assessing our progress, and make any changes if needed.
Fertilty treatments can help you to:
• Help to ease symptoms and conditions that effect infertility
• Reduce stress levels that hinder conception in both partners
• Help regulate the menstrual cycle
• Stimulate the body’s own natural production of hormones
• Strengthen and encourage healthy sperm production
• Prepare the body for conception, creating the healthy environment for baby
During IVF or medical intervention Fertility Reflexology can help by:
• Reducing stress levels
• Ease symptoms of the hormonal drugs
• Improve general health & well-being
• Help prepare the body for implantation
• Strengthening the immune system to assist the pregnancy
Diet and nutrition for fertility
At the Body Clinic we have a very dedicated and experineced nutritional therapist working with us, Lotty Sykes.
• Nutritional medicine involves the use of vitamin and mineral supplements in combination with diet to gain optimum health.
• There are a whole series of trace elements such as zinc, magnesium and chromium and a number of vitamins which, if deficient, can lead to disease.
• Dietary recommendations made by most Western governments tend to be more focused on the specific intakes that avoid deficiency (RDI) rather than those which promote optimal health.
• We believe that good nutrition and a healthy lifestyle are central to fertility and to improving each stage of reproduction.
What is the treatment?
A consultation Lotty will look at your individual diet to ascertain your current balance of nutrients. Through individual tailoring of your diet and nutritional supplements we will work together to obtain the right balance of nutrients for you.
How Can Nutritional Therapy Help?
Nutritional therapy can help improve a wide variety of health conditions, which include:
• Unexplained infertility
• Male fertility issues
• Cancer Support
• Menstrual problems
• Depression, stress
For further details and to see all the treatments that we offer in this area please visit our alternative website Natural Health and Fertility
Fertility Counselling Cardiff
We highly recommend Aileen Doyle of Connected Counselling Cardiff for fertility counselling. Aileen is very experienced at helping couples discuss the issues they have in conceiving. This can help to air concerns and give space to move on with positivity.
Aileen’s website can be accessed here
We also highly recommend Cardiff Osteopath Daniel Woodward of www.dwosteopathy.com.